South Whidbey Fire/EMS values safety for not only the community of South Whidbey but for our members as well. The duties that our members face on a day to day basis have potential to be inherently dangerous, therefore, per WAC 296-305-01505 and department Policy 900, South Whidbey Fire/EMS has a safety committee that serves in an advisory capacity to the Fire Chief. The safety committee consists of committee members appointed by the Administration South Whidbey Fire/EMS (4 positions) and committee members elected by the members of South Whidbey Fire/EMS (7 positions).
The purpose of the safety committee is to:
- Identify situations that may be a source of danger to members.
- Review results of District safety inspections.
- Review investigation reports of member injuries and illnesses and submit preventive recommendations to the Fire Chief.
- Review member reports of hazards and safety suggestions and complaints, and transmit related committee recommendations in writing to the Fire Chief. (Per WAC 296-305-01505).
- Discuss and formulate new safety procedures; submit these and other recommendations to the Fire Chief.
- Evaluate safety rules and regulations established by the District to comply with State mandates.
Below are the minutes from the Safety Committee MeetingsNovember Safety Committee Meeting Minutes