Join Our Team!
How do I get Involved?
Take the first step today and learn more about our training programs. Here at South Whidbey Fire & EMS (SWFE), we strive to make sure that everyone is up the national standards so that we can provide the best service possible to our community. To accomplish this, we offer both a Fire Fighter and an Emergency Medical Technician training academy yearly.
You can do either academy separately or sequentially. The academy training includes:
Firefighter I & II:
- IFSAC Firefighter I & II
- HazMat Awareness
- HazMat Operations
- Emergency Vehicle Driver Training
Emergency Medical Technician:
- Emergency Medical Technician – National and Washington State Certification
- At least 18 years of age at time of application.
- Valid Washington Driver’s license.
- Be in good physical condition to pass a physical agility test.
- Pass a drug screening and background check.
- Commit to weekly training and respond to emergency calls.
Examples of Work
- Responds to fire and other emergency calls which include laying hose and connecting to hydrants; directing streams of water or chemicals onto fires; ventilating structures; searching buildings; and rescuing individuals from buildings or other hazardous situations.
- Provide emergency medical services.
- Preforms fire prevention/safety information to schools, organizations, businesses, etc.
- Performs specialized fire and safety functions as assigned and trained (e.g., hazardous materials, marine fire safety association, emergency medical services).
- Trains and drills on fire, hazardous materials, and emergency medical related subjects, techniques, and procedures.
The first step is to download the Volunteer Application here:Volunteer Application.pdf
Completed applications can be scanned and emailed, or faxed or they can be dropped off in person by the applicant at our main fire station.
Email: email@example.com Fax Number: (360)321-9385
Office Location: SWFE Bayview Fire Station, 5579 Bayview Rd, Langley, WA 98260
If you have specific questions, please call us directly at (360) 321-1533.